Back to Top

Happy and Healthy

Hello my darlings.
I've been looking to do this post for a few months but I feel really sensitive about this subject.
From the ages of 15-21 I all of a sudden went from being stupidly underweight to overweight for my age.
I ate like any other child when I was little but I never put on any weight, the second mother nature decided I was ready for a present every month.. everything I ate, I put on double the weight.
I'd eat a grape and put on 10lbs lol ok ok slight exaggeration.

Anyway, I got carried away with my portion size and comfort ate a lot. Hormonal times!!

After a good 5 or so years of feeling unconfident and very unhappy.
I decided to do something about it!
It took me a while to get into it but something just clicked last year and that was it. Turning point.
The first photo below, doesn't really show how big I was, but I was a size 14-16 here.
I remember going to Boots and weighing myself on those machines. I was Overweight for my height.. 11st 2lb.. & had a crap BMI. 
I used to be disgusted about my weight. For such a young woman, I should be active, I should be able to go into a clothing store, pick up an outfit and try it on without feeling embarassed that it probably won't fit.
I refused to buy a Size 16 outfit so the second I realised size 14's were getting too tight. I had to do something about it.

Weight Loss.

I've mentioned my weight loss before & for those who KNOW me..
I do NOT believe in "diets" that word pisses me off *language Leesh!* & so do people who use it on a daily "I need to go on a diet!"
NO! you do not. Diet in everyone's head only means you have to deprive yourself of stuff you love. DON'T!

  • Change your portion size, make it smaller.
  • Eat frequently & whatever you like.. try to balance it out a little
  • The second you're full.. STOP (Paul McKenna tip)
  • Drink enough water
I took up walking, lots of walking! I finally got active enough to want to go to the gym.
I went to the gym 2-3 times a week but if I couldn't be bothered, I walked.
I'd meet up with a friend but purposely meet at a pub furthest away from my house so I'd be burning more.
You don't have to go to the gym and go on silly diets to lose weight. If you do go on silly diets, you'll find the minute you start eating normally again, you'll put weight on!
June 2010


ANYWAY, this is me now.. a healthy 9st 7lbs. And I couldn't be happier. I eat like a pig! I've noticed I eat smaller portions but get hungry quicker.
My metabolism is amazing now as oppose to before. I've never been so confident (as you can tell from Instagram, Twitter, FB) I take photos of myself a lot.. not because I love myself ha but because I'm PROUD!
I've had too many years of feeling crap about myself.. NO MORE!
If I can do it.. you can too :)
I never ever used to even look at dresses because I had zero confidence.. I buy dresses every month now.. I think I own more dresses now that I do jeans and tops lol
I'm happy & healthy.


It took me a while to get an old pic up but it had to be done one day!
Lotsa love Leesh of UnLeeshd x x x

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! I need to do something about my weight as well. My sister and I finally convinced our parents to get us a treadmill, so I hope this will help. I'm determined to at least do lots of walking on it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I cannot explain how positive and good you feel after xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations hun! Well done for finding the motivation to be healthier and exercising more. I go through stages of working out for a while then i give up but ive found eating healthier has made a massive difference to my body already. You look great!! keep it up x

    ReplyDelete