Back to Top

RECIPE: Beef Roast.. Nom.

Hello my darlings. It's been a while since I did a recipe post for you.
I remember doing one for cupcakes & American style pancakes before, they went down very well.
The colder seasons are now here & roast dinners are a must.
For me, roast dinners are the perfect comfort food.

Last night, I decided to cook a Beef roast for my family (I love to cook!)
Thought I'd share my easy roast dinner recipe with you. This is going to be a brief recipe as it's so easy & simple.

Ingredients (based on family of 5)
Brisket of Beef (any meat, Beef is my fave.. I have no clue on weight etc)
A bag of ordinary potatoes
4 Cloves Garlic
1 large Onion
Carrots
Dried Oregano
Goose Fat
BISTO! (obviously other gravy brands out there)
Butter
Salt & Pepper


Step 1:

Brown the Brisket of beef in some melted butter, this seals in all the juices and makes sure the meat doesn't dry out in the oven.

A few minutes on each side, when done.. place it in a tray. Pour the butter over the top. Cover with foil and add to a pre-heated oven. Leave on Gas mark 7 for 30 mins then turn it down to Gas mark 4 for an hour (depending on how you cooked you like the beef)


Step 2:

Start peeling! Carrots, chop them & put them into some cold water ready to be cooked later.
Peel potatoes and chop them into Quarters (Depending on what size you prefer roast potatoes)
Part boil them for 10-15 mins and drain.

Step 3:

Add your goose fat to a tray. Put it in the oven until goose fat has melted and the tray is warm. Chop the garlic & onion into chunks and throw them in.


Add the potatoes and make sure you coat them all with goose fat. Season & sprinkle on some Oregano. Place in the oven.

Step 4:

After 35-40 mins of the beef being in the oven, take it out and turn it over. Cover it back up and put it back in the oven.
Do the same with potatoes every 30 mins.
Put the carrots on about 15-20 mins before you serve dinner.

Step 5:

Take beef out when nicely cooked, this obviously depends on how you like your beef. I like it well done, so I leave mine in for a while. If you're worried about it drying out, cook on a low heat & keep basting it with the juices.
Always let the meat rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Step 6:

In this 5 minutes, you can get the gravy on :) Pour any juices from beef into the gravy.

That's all it takes, it's so easy! I did forget to make yorkshire puddings but I added stuffing instead (the mix.. just add water & place in oven 30mins before dinner is served! ;) ) And yes, I have onion rings haha I love onion rings & gravy.. don't ask!


Happy Cooking!
Lotsa love Leesh of UnLeeshd x x x

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm.. Looks delish! Even though I am half way to being a vegetarian, haha! xo

    ReplyDelete